If you currently have a puppy that is 4-6 months old, please consider participating in this important study!
“At the University of Missouri’s Thompson Lab, a team of veterinarians and researchers have developed a method using blood and urine proteins such as those associated with joint inflammation and cartilage deterioration to predict if young puppies would develop hip dysplasia or not.”
How to Participate:
- Use the OFA Biomarker Study Enrollment Form to apply for participation
- Upon acceptance, you will receive a Study Enrollment Kit
- Schedule an appointment with your veterinarian for collection of urine and blood for when your puppy is between 4 and 6 months of age. Present the enclosed Veterinarian’s Instructions to your veterinary clinic at this appointment.
- Schedule an appointment for hip X-rays for when your dog is 1 year of age, and follow the regular OFA process for prelim submissions.
- Schedule an appointment for hip X-rays for when your dog is 2 years of age, and follow the regular OFA process for of-age submissions.